Thursday, May 21, 2009

What is THIS?!?


Nice large flat envelope from Pitt is sitting on my table. Hmmm I think, you know more about me than the IRS at this point - what could this be? And (drum roll) please...it an ad for the best college gift ever - sheets, towels, quilt (and some with the UPJ logo) on them for $199 - and guaranteed to perfectly fit a dorm room bed. So what size are these beds? They looked twin to me or were they made in some far off foreign land where teenagers are only three feet tall?? Don't know, but the letter with the ad was about parents being frustrated about the sheets they bought for the student son or daughter not fitting the bed. There must be some sort of placement test for bed sizes now, and the parents are failing!!

On another note - getting very pumped for the robot exhibit at the Science Center. My goal is to deal with creatures that display no drama or emotions. Yes, the perfect afternoon out. Before that of course, there are prom shoes to buy, hair appointments to schedule and a graduation party to plan. Bring on the robots...please!!

1 comment:

  1. I had to explain my laugh-snort at this post to my patrons with "Sorry. It's a Friday." I couldn't help it. I hit the robot bit just as a child started screaming ten feet away from me. Oh, robots... *sigh*

    I have to admit, I saw the picture first and as I read along I wondered why Pitt was trying to get you to buy a robot for your daughter. I guess sheets are more practical, but I bet the robot could figure out to buy twin sheets.

    ReplyDelete