Monday, May 18, 2009

Interesting Mail


This weekend, two interesting pieces came in the mail. One, a letter from UPJ saying that they are keeping tuition costs down and the second a list of upcoming costs for resident housing. It was like the ying and yang of college life. Yes you will save money and oops here are some bills.

Saturday daughter sat for two placement tests and came home pretty calm. All she's been doing for the past few weeks is taking tests, and these were the last two until her school finals. Then there's prom and graduation and we hope by mid-June peace at last ...maybe! I commuted my first year of college, so I am enjoying so many of the things my daughter is getting to do - from visiting colleges to checking out dorm rooms. You just never know what's going to get your attention!

2 comments:

  1. I just realized exactly how long it's been since I went through this process. Holy cow. Way to feel old suddenly. Anyways, I'm excited you're doing this because I do want to know how things have changed in the intervening years.

    And just think--black sheets won't show stains if she spills like white ones will. Lint, hair, etc. on the other hand... Well, I wouldn't let that adorable white cat anywhere near her college room.

    The time will fly from mid-June to August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - I feel like that scene in the Wizard of Oz where everything is flying past Dorothy's window!!

    She'd love to take her kitty to college - but she's so forgetful, that poor cat would not be very happy!

    ReplyDelete