Friday, July 10, 2009

Fiscal Responsibility


Do you ever have one of those aha moments where you realize that there is something with your children that they're just not getting?? Mine came last week during this discussion with my daughter, which I'll paraphrase for you.

D. Are you going to buy my laptop for college
Me. We've found one for a good price, and we're setting aside the money
D. I have to have one
Me. I know
D. So can you buy me cold cream


Hmm, laptop I get, but cold cream. Please - I hope you've set aside enough money for that! I should back pedal a bit though, when my daughter was sick this winter her doctor told her to quit working for about 6 weeks. She was really run down and working with the public during the winter is a sure way to get sick all over again. So I know money is tight. But cold cream...my response will not be printed here!

On another note, loaded home computer with FireFox. Kids seem to get it, but Dad isn't quite sure. I've downloaded some add ons and in general just fooling with it. Which is a pleasure after hunting for spyware on my computer for 4 days. Sheez!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a conversation that my mom and I would have. It is amazing what comes out of our mouths sometimes.


    http://mother-daughter-communication-2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete